Monday, November 05, 2007

Rambly

I'm back in York now, finished with my third-to-last day of Surgery and I couldn't be happier. I went to clinic today, which was a great learning experience, and now I'm just hanging around in my room. I'm online with Megan, and we're sort of talking over AIM, but she's not in a good mood. I know, clearly, that it's not personal, but it's so hard when she's distant. All I want to do is be able to fix it and I know I can't. It's sad.

So I don't know what we're going to do about the "firing." I don't think we'll have a case for discrimination, since either party could terminate the employment for any reason before *today* which is why they got rid of her Friday. She has friends who will have ears to the ground for rumors, but basically, we're SOL. I guess the good thing is that she I guess wasn't "fired" so much as they didn't "pick up her option." In any case, she's on the job hunt again, as of tomorrow (today she's taking a break).

I start anesthesiology next week. It's odd, because on the one hand I'm SO excited, but it's hard to be excited with all this crap going on. I mean, this is what I've wanted to do since I was a little kid and I can't really muster the energy to be excited. I'm not good at being depressed, so I hope this passes soon.

Oh. Ha. My resident's wife just had a baby. Woo hoo. And they gave him a dumb name too. Sigh.

I guess I'd better go be productive. This post sucks.

No comments: