Thursday, November 15, 2007

Philadelphia, Anesthesia, Tension

I've been living downtown for almost a week now...five and a half days anyway. It's been an odd set of days, lots of stress, lots of emotions. I've seen Megan twice, the last time was on Tuesday. I'm not so much reeling anymore, but I've been thining. Reading. It's an odd position to be in really, so I'm not going to say too much more about the relationship situation at this point. I might have more to say after Thanksgiving.

Anesthesiology is everything I had hoped it would be and more. I've already gotten to mask/bag ventilate, put in an endotracheal tube and a laryngeal mask airway, and give spinal anesthesia...and it's only the third day!! I think this is really it. This is my calling. This is what I was meant to do.

I was present at the first birth I've ever seen today. It was a C-section, and I was able to give the mother her spinal for the procedure. I was there when they pulled him out and he took his first breath. It was surreal.

My life is really, really bipolar isn't it?

4 comments:

All U Need is LOVE......(and swimmers) said...

Sorry that I'm just now sending you a note. I've been off-line for a while. I wanted to let you know how sorry I am to hear about what you are going thru with your relationship. Whether you and megan get back together is not for me to pass judgment on. You have to do what is best for you and just know that I am more than happy to lend an ear if you need one. Take care of yourself and have a Happy Thanksgiving. I'm so glad that you are liking the Anesthesia work you've started doing!! BB

Stacey said...

Thinking of you...

Angele said...

Thinking of you as well!!!!

Stacey said...

Missing you in blogland. Thinking of you and hope that all is well.