Our return to the world of reproductive endocrinology is scheduled for Tuesday, November 13 at 3:30 p.m. Slight chance we could be preggo by then, if the timing was right or Megan ovulates soon....ha, yeah, right.
Back to work. News for me today...all this being on my feet all day is causing my legs to swell and my veins to dilate and look all gros...looks like it's time for compression stockings. Whoopee. What are the damn things going to look like when I'm 60???
Showing posts with label R.E.. Show all posts
Showing posts with label R.E.. Show all posts
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Saturday, April 28, 2007
The winds are changing...
It was negative, but we were expecting that. Welcome to the eleventh hour, the eleventh month of our trying to have a baby, and a new plan.
We talked a long time about options, and here's what it looks like. We have one vial left, and we plan to use it. We wrote a long e-mail to the RE asking questions...questions about Megan's fertility, questions about drugs, questions about options. Either we'll do a low- to no-intervention cycle with no monitoring this month or take a little while off. Natural cycle sounds like a good idea to us at this point.
If this doesn't work, which we're pretty certain it won't, then we plan to look into adoption, or maybe a known donor situation. We're not going to go there with injectables and IVF right now, especially with no "guarantee" of a baby. We thought about adoption in the beginning anyway, so it's just a little rearrangement :) When I'm working full time, this will be something we can afford, but not now.
So we'll see what happens. Life goes on.
We talked a long time about options, and here's what it looks like. We have one vial left, and we plan to use it. We wrote a long e-mail to the RE asking questions...questions about Megan's fertility, questions about drugs, questions about options. Either we'll do a low- to no-intervention cycle with no monitoring this month or take a little while off. Natural cycle sounds like a good idea to us at this point.
If this doesn't work, which we're pretty certain it won't, then we plan to look into adoption, or maybe a known donor situation. We're not going to go there with injectables and IVF right now, especially with no "guarantee" of a baby. We thought about adoption in the beginning anyway, so it's just a little rearrangement :) When I'm working full time, this will be something we can afford, but not now.
So we'll see what happens. Life goes on.
Monday, March 05, 2007
It's been a while...
So here's a recap of the last few months:
After miscarriage #2, we tried three more times with all the natural fertility booster stuff. None of those cycles worked out...we weren't even completely sure Megan ovulated. We started seeing the RE somewhere in there, and tried to monitor a couple of cycles (1 trying, 1 breaking) but Megan needed provera both times to bring on a period. Regardless, she got a diagnosis out of it: Habitual Aborter. Isn't that lovely? They really don't like mincing words do they?
On the breaking month, we were having a VERY hard time. Megan and I were heavily, heavily taxed by the miscarriages and our relationship started to fall apart...so we took some time, went to WA for Thanksgiving to see friends and family, then after a whirlwind December of a friend visiting, two new clinically-oriented blocks at school, a pre-Christmas trip to Disney World with Megan's mother, and Christmas at home with Megan's mother, we were pretty ready to start again.
We got ourselves a new donor, as our old one ran out and we decided our old bank were a buch of Schmucks (I picked from a Megan-approved list). The RE to prescribed Clomid 50 mg and progesterone suppositories, and in February, we tried again to no avail. It maybe, maybe was a chemical but we didn't test. We just COULD NOT handle another chemical pregnancy, so we waited for a Beta on 15 DPO and it was negative :( Though, it was nice because on the 50 mg Clomid Megan's cycle was pretty close to 30 days and she had one follicle. So for this cycle, the Clomid is upped to 100 mg and she had one (better) follicle and an excellent LH surge which we detected at home easily! Things are much, much easier this way. But more expensive. I think each cycle is costing us about $1,500 now with all the monitoring.
So now that we have a better, stronger relationship, a better outlook, and some fertility meds, we're back in business. We just started the two-week wait for try #7, this time on 100 mg Clomid, so wish us luck! May this be the LAST TWW we have to do while trying to conceive our first child.
I do have to say, that since last August we have amassed enough clothing for an army of children, thanks to Megan's mother, and have started a cloth diaper stash. My mother loves making the diapers and even bought an embroidery machine to make them extra pretty. So cool! And we might be moving...more on that later...
After miscarriage #2, we tried three more times with all the natural fertility booster stuff. None of those cycles worked out...we weren't even completely sure Megan ovulated. We started seeing the RE somewhere in there, and tried to monitor a couple of cycles (1 trying, 1 breaking) but Megan needed provera both times to bring on a period. Regardless, she got a diagnosis out of it: Habitual Aborter. Isn't that lovely? They really don't like mincing words do they?
On the breaking month, we were having a VERY hard time. Megan and I were heavily, heavily taxed by the miscarriages and our relationship started to fall apart...so we took some time, went to WA for Thanksgiving to see friends and family, then after a whirlwind December of a friend visiting, two new clinically-oriented blocks at school, a pre-Christmas trip to Disney World with Megan's mother, and Christmas at home with Megan's mother, we were pretty ready to start again.
We got ourselves a new donor, as our old one ran out and we decided our old bank were a buch of Schmucks (I picked from a Megan-approved list). The RE to prescribed Clomid 50 mg and progesterone suppositories, and in February, we tried again to no avail. It maybe, maybe was a chemical but we didn't test. We just COULD NOT handle another chemical pregnancy, so we waited for a Beta on 15 DPO and it was negative :( Though, it was nice because on the 50 mg Clomid Megan's cycle was pretty close to 30 days and she had one follicle. So for this cycle, the Clomid is upped to 100 mg and she had one (better) follicle and an excellent LH surge which we detected at home easily! Things are much, much easier this way. But more expensive. I think each cycle is costing us about $1,500 now with all the monitoring.
So now that we have a better, stronger relationship, a better outlook, and some fertility meds, we're back in business. We just started the two-week wait for try #7, this time on 100 mg Clomid, so wish us luck! May this be the LAST TWW we have to do while trying to conceive our first child.
I do have to say, that since last August we have amassed enough clothing for an army of children, thanks to Megan's mother, and have started a cloth diaper stash. My mother loves making the diapers and even bought an embroidery machine to make them extra pretty. So cool! And we might be moving...more on that later...
Labels:
Baby clothes,
Clomid,
Cloth diapers,
Donors,
R.E.,
Recap,
Tries 3-5,
TTC
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)